Monday, January 24, 2011

Assignment 3 - Relief/Woodblock Print

Before taking this class, I had seen some really cool pieces come out of this technique hanging on the third floor of the Spori building. It was a process I found intriguing as I have studied Japanese Ukiyo-e prints in other courses here at BYU-Idaho. I love the textures and line quality found in many woodblock prints. Seeing the variety of ways to transfer the image to paper, including rubbing or pressing, my eyes were opened as pertaining to the textures that would be unique to each process. I thought it was intriguing the variety of textures that could be achieved, and the broad spectrum of line qualities that can be created using this process.

Here are a few examples of prints that I believe exemplify this 'style'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment